Eligibility to Bachelor’s Degrees
You can apply to a Bachelor’s degree in Finland if you have completed:
- Foreign qualification that provides eligibility for higher education in the awarding country
- the Finnish general upper secondary school syllabus and/or the matriculation examination (ylioppilastutkinto/lukio)
- International Baccalaureate, Reifeprüfung or European Baccalaureate Diploma
- A Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification (ammatillinen perustutkinto)
- A Finnish post-secondary or higher vocational level diploma (opistoasteen/ ammatillisen korkea-asteen tutkinto)
- A Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification or a further or specialist vocational qualification as a competence-based qualification, or a comparable previous qualification (ammattitutkinto/erikoisammattitutkinto
APPLICANTS GRADUATING IN 2019
The applicants graduating in summer of 2019 are requested to submit the copies of their current academic record and a letter from school confirming the graduation by 30 January 2019, 3pm. The copies of the final certificates will be submitted upon confirmation of acceptance by 8 July 2019, 3pm Finnish time.
IF YOU APPLY WITH EDUCATION COMPLETED OUTSIDE FINLAND…
You must submit the following documents to the Admissions Services of your first choice UAS by 30 January 2019, 3 pm Finnish time (+ 2 hrs GMT) at the latest.
• A copy of the final secondary school certificate or equivalent.
• A copy of an official Finnish, Swedish or English translation of the certificate must be provided, if the certificate is not written in one of these languages. The translation must have the translator’s signature and stamp.
IF YOU APPLY WITH EDUCATION COMPLETED IN FINLAND…
You do not need to submit copies of
• Finnish upper secondary leaving certificate (lukion päättötodistus)
• Finnish Matriculation Examination certificate (ylioppilastutkintotodistus) or
• a three-year vocational qualification (ammatillinen perustutkinto).
Copies of these Finnish certificates will be requested from the accepted students upon confirmation of acceptance.
More information on admissions criteria at www.studyinfo.fi
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS TO MASTER’S DEGREE:
In order to be eligible to apply for a UAS Master’s level degree programme you must have completed a Bachelor’s level degree or other equivalent higher education degree and have a minimum of three years of work experience after the completion of the Bachelor’s degree. The work experience must be from the field of business and commerce.
The Bachelor’s degree can be from any field, however a minimum of 20 credits of business studies are required. Applicants with work experience in demanding specialist posts or managerial/leadership posts can be considered to have achieved the required 20 credits of business studies. Also sufficient proficiency in English is a prerequisite for successful studies.
More information on entry requirements and application is available here.